Welcome to the Gulf Islands Food Co-op (GIFC) announcement and question-answering page, with a new initiative called ASK the GIFC!
Besides our Education page, what’s an easy way to find out something about island food producing? Just email our question coordinator Jenn, at AsktheGIFC@gmail.com. Then she will tap into the vast knowledge of our many growers to provide responses to the questions, and also log in here to post the most common ones below. Also, here’s a quick optional survey to help us develop this initiative (e.g. if you know about OR want to know about a specific food production method):
Note: People don’t need to log in to this website to view the information below, but if you want to ADD YOUR COMMENTS to someone else’s post below, first you need to REGISTER as a user of this website, and also use the GENERAL LOGIN in our menu. Also, to WRITE YOUR OWN NEW POST, please start on the submit a post page. Then yours can show up here..
However, the easiest way to ask a question about local food producing is just email our question coordinator Jenn, at AsktheGIFC@gmail.com
CAUTION: The Food Co-op will moderate inappropriate comments, but is not responsible for the accuracy or use of information posted here. You also need to do your own research from various sources and keep learning…
- Seed Saving Education, Pender Seed Library Launch, plus Mayne & Galiano…
- August, 2020: New Co-op Programs to support you!
- May, 2020 Co-op virtual AGM Invite, Past Year Projects
- April, 2020: Food Co-op COVID Services & Update
- Feb, 2020: Update on new Co-op Projects to Support You!
- September, 2019 – Co-op Services now initiated…
- June, 2019 – New Co-op Funding for Projects to serve Producers!
- February 9, 2019 Co-op INTER-ISLAND VIDEO MEETING (Members+)
- Gulf Islands Food Co-op INCORPORATED, practical help & education to come…
- Pender PERMACULTURE Gathering (April 15, 2018)
- QUESTION FOR FOOD PRODUCERS – What do you need most from a Co-op?
- New BC Budget – $29 Million more for GrowBC, FeedBC and BuyBC
- Class: Designing an Edible FOOD FOREST (March, 2018)
- GULF ISLANDS FOOD CO-OP proposal – REGISTER to hear more!
- Fruit Tree PRUNING & GRAFTING Class (February, 2018)
- FARM WATER MANAGEMENT Seminar (January, 2018)
- AQUAPONIC Growing for the Islands? (Vegetables together with Fish)
- The Amazing Living SOIL (Class/Discussion)
- HERB GROWING with Master Herbalist Workshop
- Attracting POLLINATORS to Grow Food Workshop
- Building Hoop GREENHOUSES Workshop
- FOOD PRESERVATION Classes
- Composting & SOIL BUILDING Classes
- Herbs and MUSHROOM GARDENS Workshop
- FRUIT TREE Workshop
- POULTRY RAISING Workshop
- SEED SAVING & Seed Bank workshop
- HAZELNUT Tree Planting